SR20DE.net

geo3@earthlink.net geo3@earthlink.net
Wed, 29 May 2002 13:03:45 -0500

Marc, <Remintin@aol.com> wrote:

>Well I think we (especially those who run websites in the SE-R/Nissan
>community) understand how much time and effort that goes into the up keep,
>daily running, money and personal sacrifice that goes into running
organizations like SERCA, but if you put yourself in a position to be
>the "leader" of it, a bulk of the responsibility falls on you to organize
>and run it. I think that in order for you to believe people should
>contribute more, you first have to set the example and lead them into it
>and express a need for that help.

Well I certainly cannot argue with you about SERCA.  No excuses there.

But, this wasn't about SERCA.  This was about SE-R.net.  The two are not the
same or related in any official way.

The folks who have made SE-R.net what it is today *have* lead by example.
First of all, I dare anybody to even try to come up with as much solid content
as Mike Kojima has.  Much of what he has written for SE-R.net is original and
can be found no where else unless it has been plagiarized.  Shell Black has
contributed a pretty fair amount of content as well as many others.  I've even
written several articles for SE-R.net that cannot be found elsewhere.

So, I say again, if people want how-to articles on SE-R.net, I highly suggest
they write up whatever they can and include photos.  Make it easy on the
editors and have it be publication ready.  These folks are involved in many
projects and don't have a lot of time to do a lot of editing.  SE-R.net is a
community effort, and in many ways reflects the efforts of the community.  I
know there are some sections that have been inoperable for some time (such as
the registry).  I don't know what the situation with that is (well, I know a
*little*).  But, I think I can say with confidence that if you write a good
article for SE-R.net and include photos with everything ready to be published,
it will be published.

George Roffe