Replace Motor Mounts or use Inserts?

Raymond A. Kawski sr20de@epix.net
Tue, 28 May 2002 12:40:03 -0500

Louis LaPrad wrote:

> The only reason I used this terminology is to head off any confusion
> from someone who isnt terribly mechanically inclined.

I wasn't knocking your analogy.

> When I installed my motor mount inserts I had to sift through
  several posts from people who just said front or rear without
  clarifying if they meant technically front of engine or front of
> the car. And it was used for both by different people.

This is why I added to your statement.

> As for replacing broken mounts, my car didnt rattle like you
> explained yours did,  but it groaned when I decelerated. So I
> guess it depends how badly they're broken to begin with.

Mine was bad.  All were shot.  The passenger side I think lost
its goo a while ago.  What do you expect from motor mounts
with 330,000 miles on them.  Don't get me wrong the ES mounts made
it much better then broken mounts.  Mostly becuase the passenger
side mount is a pressed in replacement.  But its still not as good
as my other cars were with good mounts and the ES inserts.

> Honestly, I dont see how mine could feel better noe, without any
> added vibration to the car. Remember, I drive my car every day,
> and occasionally, I transport women that Id like to continue dating :)

I thought the ES were good until I put the JWT in.  Aside from the
fact the engine no longer slopped back at me when I let off the gas
on boost, throttle response was seriously better.  As are shifts
more precise.  I expected more vibration and I don't notice *ANY*
more then before except at initial startup in cold weather.  It
only lasts a few minutes.  After that its the same.

My ES equipped B13's make more vibration then my B14 JWT Equipped
car.

RK