Replace Motor Mounts or use Inserts?

Kenley Meza kenley_ser@yahoo.com
Tue, 28 May 2002 12:26:01 -0500

Can you please continue on this since I still feel
some vibration on the car...

SNIP
<For daily driving, the inserts are great especially
with worn or broken
mounts. Barely any added vibration and mucho less
engine lash.

Mount replacements are usually used by the auto-xr's
and drag freaks.
They're overkill for a daily driver, IMHO.>
SNIP

you say they are OVERKILL, what do you mean by that,
the reason I am asking is because I thought the
remaining vibration in my car was coming from the
180000 mile suspension, I replaced my mounts about
15000 miles ago with the place racing polyurethane
filled mounts....If I'm not making myself clear I just
wanted to know if by what you mean overkill, that
might associate with the little bit of vibration I
still feel...Or is it how I thought the suspension.???

THANKS AND SORRY FOR ANY CONFUSION