new Stillen flex pipe bad? LONG

Steve juketech@swbell.net
Sat, 25 May 2002 22:37:37 -0500

Hi gang, I have been reading the archives about this problem with noise coming
from the flex pipe on the Stillen header, But I am not sure that I have the
same type of noise as others and I dont know what to do next. It is not a
slight noise, It is a very loud irritating hiss/whistle/ratlle at all engine
speeds when given more than 1/4 throttle. You can clearly hear it over my POP
intake or when next to a car/tall curb. This is 100% not at all acceptable. I
just finished putting the header on and refuse to drive this car anywhere
because it sounds like shit. I will call Stillen when they open back up ( just
my luck to have this happen on a 3 day weekend.) What little I did drive the
car, I am pretty happy with the new power, I did Header/Intake/Underdrive
pulleys at once. Really pulls much much harder past 5k. Well, someone please
give me some feedback, I know that Stillen will say this is normal, but I
assure you guys that if this was the case, No one at all would keep this
header, It would be shipped back ASAP! Sorry for the length.....

Steve
91 SE-R that sounds like a 76 Rabbit with a bad downpipe
94 SE-R stock and bad noise free