brake noise, loose rotor

Koerner, Ray RKoerner@Microcoating.com
Fri, 24 May 2002 07:36:25 -0500

Hey all,
I have a 96 SE-R with few mods, but no brake mods as of yet but I am at a
loss today. On the way to work this morning
 I got off the highway and noticed a metal screeching, creeping sound. Kinda
like wehn you are at a stop light
and slowly let off the brakes, that noise there. Well even more so at lowere
speeds my car feels like I have uneven
 brake pads, and I get a teetering motion when slowing down. I took off my
driver side tire and took a quick look, when I tried to turn the rotor
it felt loose it moved left to right, towards and away from the engine, but
it was hard with the disengaged to turn. I am no brain surgeon,
 but rotors arent suppose to do that? I am worried to drive home and fix,
and I sure don't want to burn out the pads or rotors doing it.
If anyone has any knowledge of this please let me know, I have tools at work
and should be able to do pretty much anything right now.
 I believe it may be a loose bolt in front of the rotor. I have OEM brakes,
no upgrades if that helps.!!!

Thank you all for any help!!!

Ray Koerner
new to list, nice way to get acquainted