knock detection

cowboydren@b15sentra.net cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Thu, 23 May 2002 22:20:19 -0500

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 07:43:57PM -0500, Raymond A. Kawski wrote:

> Kojima recently said that SR20's have a detonation hump
> between 4000 and 6000.

The only thing that sticks out in my mind were a couple of 11:1 cars
with a buggy JWT program, or stock comression cars with 91o fuel and
base ignition advance of over 22* BTDC.  The end result of that
conversation was that you'd have to really beat the piss out of a N/A SR
to get it to knock at all.  Boost must be a totally different story,
though, and I'm interested to see if JWT can fiddle the bits a little to
keep the knock sensor affective longer...

--
-=|JP|=-                     One day at a time...

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.cardomain.com/id/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net        |