Clutch Solutions

Ben Missele ben_missele@yahoo.com
Thu, 23 May 2002 12:20:53 -0500

 Okay, I didn't realize that. I don't remember exactly, but I
think in my case, the grab point of the clutch did not change,
but the clutch did slip. I think that is the difference here. If
the clutch is all of a sudden out of adjustment, wouldn't that
indicate that something is going wrong with the clutch anyway
(ie: an early indication that the clutch will need to be
replaced)?

 In any case, I have never attempted a clutch job on my cars. I
have always had them replaced by a mechanic.

Ben
'93 NX

--- "Raymond A. Kawski" <sr20de@epix.net> wrote:
>> If you're talking about a situation where you're crusing
>>with the clutch already engaged and when you step on the gas
>>it just revs, then it is definitely the clutch. I have had
>>three clutches go out on me (two in my old Prelude) and I had
>>these exact same symptoms both times.

> This will happen with clutch adjusted to tightly as well.  You
> just have give it enough power to slip.

=====
Go Illini!