Bosch wires--decent or not?

Jason Wolfe jason_a_wolfe@hotmail.com
Thu, 23 May 2002 10:52:28 -0500

So I have found Bosch spark plug wires locally (at either AutoZone or
Advance Auto, can't remember which) for about $35-$40. I actually took a set
out of the box and the wires are nice and thick, the materials and
construction appear to be of a quality at least on par with OEM (maybe
better, honestly) and the design was IDENTICAL to OEM. They also have a
lifetime guarantee.
They look promising, but I can't find any information about them. A search
of the archives didn't provide anything useful. So at this point, my
question is this: for an engine with just a few bolt-ons and in need of new
wires, are the Bosch units at least as good as OEM?
I may just go ahead and buy them anyway, but any input or experiences with
this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason Wolfe