window regulator question

Justin B fatnakedmidgets@hotmail.com
Wed, 22 May 2002 09:12:38 -0500

I had a similar problem in my 240SX.

There was a clicking when I operated the switch, but no motion from the
window. I tested the switch and since it tested OK I assumed it was the
motor / regulator. I went and pulled a new regulator from a wrecker and went
home to swap it in.

When I tested the old regulator with a couple of wires run to the battery,
to my surprise it worked. The problem had to be with the power window 'amp'.
I was unable to find one of these amps locally, and courtesy wanted $100, so
I was trying to rewire the system to bypass it.

When I removed the amp and pulled it apart, I notced one of the solder
joints didn't look right. I dropped a little solder on there and it works
fine now.

I would test the regulator with some direct voltage before writing it off as
the problem. The 'amp' was only wired in on the driver's side - it controls
the one touch down function.

-Justin

>Subject: window regulator question

When I use the switch to move the window up or
down, I hear a faint click inside the door (a relay?) but the window
itself does not budge