SR20DE Documentation

geo3@earthlink.net geo3@earthlink.net
Tue, 21 May 2002 15:23:25 -0500

Bruce Hearn, <Bruce_Hearn@cd-tech.com> wrote:

>Consult the SCCA GCR for all rules concerning the swap.  You will need at
>minimum the FSM for both vehicles.

FWIW, I wouldn't even admit to any swap.  Why do so?  It only complicates
matters.  Either the engine is legal or it isn't.  Unless something has been
done to it to render it legal, there is absolutely *no* way to tell it didn't
come with the car.

So, I'd disavow any knowledge of any swap and simply say the guy is insane.

The bottom line is, if they guy wants you torn down, regardless of whether the
engine is legal or not, it's going to be torn down.  Or, you just refuse and
be disqualified.  No one can *make* you allow them to tear it down.

Anyway, the point being that the only document that is of concern is the SE-R
FSM and the engine is legal or not based upon that.  Wouldn't you say Bruce?

I must say this whole situation is the height of weenieness.

George Roffe