SR20DE Documentation

geo3@earthlink.net geo3@earthlink.net
Tue, 21 May 2002 09:40:57 -0500

Brian Cembor <bcembor@fastenal.com> wrote:

>Oh no, protests can get bitter... especially if the protestee makes
>it personal... which happens in SoloII, especially at Nationals...

That's one thing I hate about autocross.  How petty.

>they can tear your engine down if need be... at your cost no less...the
>burden of proof is on the one being protested as well... not the one
>calling the protest..

You'd better get very familiar with the rule book.  Find out exactly how the
protest process works.  Find out how specific the protest must be.  Can he
just send the tech folks on a fishing expedition?  How likely is that to
happen?  I cannot imagine any of the techs wanting to tear an engine down.
They have to get back home and go to work as well.

And if they allow fishing expeditions, you could alway protest him as well.
Hehe.  Tell the techs you have been told he's running anti-friction coatings
on the piston skirts.  That would requiure a *complete tear-down to determine.
Hehe.  I can be an SOB. :-)

George Roffe
Turd Rex