Clutch Solutions

ratteber@speedfactory.net ratteber@speedfactory.net
Mon, 20 May 2002 11:29:59 -0500

>Since the clutch is slipping in my 92 se-r, I should get a new one,
BUT,
will adjusting the clutch cable at a mechanic for $35 help? Some people
told
me it will be good for a month, while others say it will be good for
like 2
days. Can someone give me their 2 cents on this?
I'm on the digest, so you may already have answers/opinions. Unless the
clutch cable isn't allowing the clutch to completely engage, adjusting
it isn't going to help. If you were in a gear and could remove the
clutch cable, if it were slipping, it would still slip. The cable only
disengages the pressure plate. It can't add more pressure.

Ron Atteberry
92 Classic