Nissan dealers, try # 2

Jay Stewart jay@nx2k.com
Mon, 20 May 2002 10:51:37 -0500

I posted last week about the very uninformed salesman at one of the
local Nissan dealerships. Since I had such bad luck, I decided to drop
by yet another dealer. (The first one was Sutherlin "Team" Nissan on
Cobb Parkway in Marietta.)

This place is brand new, even closer, and has been open less than a
month (Something Nissan off Barrett parkway in Kennesaw). It's about 6PM
on Saturday night, nothing is going on, I am the only customer at the
dealer. The vehicle that I drive up in is my Infiniti G20, so you think
this might tip off the salesman a bit. There are two Spec V's on the
lot, not automatics, surprising enough, so I park behind one get out and
eyeball it. Now I'm wearing my Saturday night, date night with the wife
attire, so I'm in a clean G20, externally not visible as a piece of
junk, with a fresh shower and my hair combed and stuff, so it's not like
I was in my "car working" clothes. There are 3 salesman visible, one
smoking a cigarette, another with a cigarette on the phone, and the
other pacing around inside. I stand there a few minutes, I try to open
the door of the car. I wave at a salesman. I point at the car. I take
out my wallet. I walked into the sales office, proclaim at the top of my
voice: "I would like to buy a car.", all I get is funny looks from the
guy on the phone. Nobody stops what they are doing to help. No one says
"I'll be there in a minute." So, after a grand total of 30 minutes
walking around the dealer lot, going inside, and everything else I
tried, I gave up and left.

Apparently Nissan doesn't want to sell me a Spec V. At this rate, they
can keep it, no wonder Nissan sales suck.

-Jay
93.5 G20