Spot the differences on RS5F32V for P10 G20 and B13/B14

Jay Stewart jay@nx2k.com
Sun, 19 May 2002 17:37:54 -0500

> I thought they were different.  They certainly have different part
> numbers.  I've checked the B13 and P10 fiche very carefully
> and they are
> different.

The trannies themselves or the LSD's only? The trannies are completely
different (talking LSD = LSD) because of gear ratios. No idea why a LSD
P10 tranny would have a different part number, they are identical
externally to a B13 one with the exception of gear ratios. I guarantee
you all the parts will swap so long as you use matching gear sets.
LSD's, too.

> So you're saying the inner CV joint is the same for both cars?

Yup. Same for the LSD transmissions, as well as the automatic. Axle
lengths are different, and the outside joint has to match the hub.

I've found a couple of things that are different in real life than the
FSM. For instance, the gear ratios are supposed to be different for 1-2
between P10 and B13, but they are not, at least on the two P10 trannies
I have. 3,4, and 5 are definitely different. Final drives are the same
too, and I believe they are supposed to be different as well. I think
Nissan just threw together what they had, ex. Infiniti valve covers on
SER's, and Nissan valve covers on P10's, etc.

Currently (this week) I am running a straight 94 SER tranny in my P10.
This is subject to change. :)

PS Rebuilt a late model Maxima tranny Saturday. Looks very nissan
standard, but the shifter rails/mechanisms look almost more like a
Mitsubishi. As a result, it was one large PITA. Some of the gears looked
very similar to the SR20DE tranny, so I did a lot of measuring so I can
compare.

-Jay