Spot the differences on RS5F32V for P10 G20 and B13/B14

Jay Stewart jay@nx2k.com
Sat, 18 May 2002 18:53:30 -0500

>Does anybody knows how to spot the differences on RS5F32V transmission
for P10 or B13/B14?

They are 100% the same except for gearing (see note at bottom). You are
confusing LSD and non LSD transmissions. All SER and NX'en with a SR20DE
had a LSD. Only the "T" P10's and some occasional lucky ones had the
same LSD tranny. All you need is any LSD tranny from any P10 or B13,
then the drivers side axle to go with it. As an alternative, I am using
an automatic drivers side axle and it works, too. Passenger side axle is
the same no matter what, along with everything else.

Gearing: P10 trannies have higher gearing in 3rd, 4th and 5th. I
recommend the B13 tranny if you want performance, or the P10 one if you
really want it quiet and don't care about performance that much. A P10
LSD tranny will be expensive though, since they are somewhat rare.

The gears are all the same. Next time I have it open I am swapping a P10
5th gear into the B13 tranny that's in my car now.

-Jay