lube question

Andy Neumann neumanar@email.uc.edu
Thu, 16 May 2002 15:15:47 -0500

"There are 100s of uses of WD40."

I'm afraid to use WD40 on everything.  It's too thin--it seems more like a
cleaner than a lube.

"So the question is, what exactly
is wrong with you Parking Brake?"

It's the mechanism on the caliper--I haven't inspected it visually, but I can
stick my hand behind the tire and release it by hand.  (advantage of stock
wheels and tires.)  When I release it by hand I hear the thing spring back
into place...so it seems like the spring is working--it just needs a little
budge.  I figure that the mechanism is just a little stiff and needs a good
lube.

best regards,
andy neumann
'93 Classic -- anybody got a right-front quarter panel and turn signal?