Removing Tint

JOSH GARY ewraven@hotmail.com
Thu, 16 May 2002 14:10:45 -0500

I talked to a guy that does window tinting today.  I'm having them remove my
back window tint(under warranty); it had a defect, so I just told them to
remove it and leave it off.  Anyway, he said they spray a soap and water
solution onto the tint and then apply black plastic sheeting to the window.
They then sit the car out in the hot sun and let it bake for a few hours.
He said there was a trick to this and if you let it sit just right, you can
pull the tint off in one big sheet.  I know it sounds a lot easier than it
actually is.  Then you have a sticky film left on the window.  He said they
use a commercial grade cleaner to remove the sticky stuff.  The cleaner his
shop uses is called "Simple Pink"; kind of like "Simple Green" only
stronger.

I remember a guy with a 944 asking questions on here about how to remove his
window tint.