fuel filter hose stickiness

Stewart, Joe (COX-Atlanta) Joe.Stewart@cox.com
Thu, 16 May 2002 12:25:53 -0500

>Well, everyone knows what a pain in the butt it is to change the fuel
filters

These filters are EASY to change. Try changing one on a 95+ DSM, if you can
find it. I did mine with the engine out of the car, and the proper flare
wrenches and still had some serious issues, but I digress.

Easy way to break loose the fuel filter hoses on a Nissan: grab some pliers,
simply grab the hose, and twist it with the pliers. This will break it loose,
then you just pull it off. Works like a charm. Those hoses won't move until
you "break" them loose.

-Jay