quaife tranny

geo3@earthlink.net geo3@earthlink.net
Wed, 15 May 2002 11:24:35 -0500

mike kojima <choaderboy2@yahoo.com> wrote:

>The P12 20V has the same Six-Speed tranny that is in the Maxima and Spec-V
>with an SR20 bolt pattern on the bellhousing.  This sucker has 100% more
>torque capacity than the current transmission.

Well slap me around a bit with a large trout!  That's cool.

>It will probably be somewhat expensive of a swap as the shifter is a cable
>type and the clutch is hydralic.  We are hoping that it can be sold for
>under $3500 as a kit which will include axles, mounts and linkages.

Hey, that's cool.

Are the ratios the same as the Spec V or are they spaced better?

Sounds like a good deal for the kit.  Some may complain, but I have a feeling
those who are pulling down the big numbers won't really complain.  Well,
everyone wants things to be cheaper, but I think the folks who are in need
will recognize the value.

George Roffe

PS:  Thanks for setting the record straight.