quaife tranny

Raymond A. Kawski sr20de@epix.net
Wed, 15 May 2002 08:10:38 -0500

"Robert W. Rood" wrote:

> Yikes! For ~900 I could buy all the gears and
 spindle new from Courtesy and, for not too much
 extra, have them shot-peened and cryo-treated.
> And with the extra ~$1900, I could buy the Quaife

This tranny was to be far stronger then anything we
currently had.  It included changing gear ratios to make
1st more useable.  Strengthening 3rd and fixing other issues.

What was going to be built was far superior then anything
one could build in their backyard.

Its cracker messages like this that put the
qabosh to it.  Your price seems low for all the
gears.

RK