More Alternator Questions

Dan C. nissanser@hotmail.com
Sun, 12 May 2002 18:33:56 -0500

About a week and a half ago my brake and battery light came on.  My initial
thought was alternator.  I unplugged the battery overnight in hope that it
was only a computer glitch.  After plugging the battery back in, I got a
check engine light after 20 miles of driving, but the brake and battery
light hasn't come back on ever since.  I've opened up the ECU and found an
EGR problem (code 0306).  Just thought that it was kind of weird.  Wonder
what would've happened if I never unplugged the battery.  Alternator or EGR
(hopefully not both), which one is easier to remedy?

.Dan.