My Dyno Numbers

Raymond A. Kawski sr20de@epix.net
Tue, 7 May 2002 11:02:45 -0500

Well I went to the dyno yesterday with the Turbo.

My first pull was 262whp.  By the 3rd pull the power had dropped
down about 40hp because they didn't cool me down between runs nor
did they have a fan going.

They shop owner was very impressed by my numbers.  So impressed
he said lets let the car sit for 10-15 minutes and do another pull
since its so impressive.  After 15minutes with a fan blowing
on my IC we did the last pull.  266whp and 242ft-lbs.

They were all like this thing is the "ultimate ultimate sleeper"
yes they said ultimate twice.  When I left the shop owner said
that my car made his day.

Later I discovered that the water injection map was
turned on.  I'm lucky I didn't blow up the motor.  I was a Monkey
and didn't hook up the external wire JWT gave me for the water
injection light.  It's now hooked up.

I have to again say a big thanks to Rob Cadle and Mike Kojima
for all their help with my project.  I've built exactly what I
wanted.  A car with some nice HP thats very linear.

I expect to easily make my goal of 300whp by adding the 3"
exhaust, cam gears and some more boost.

Here is the data sheet for the last pull:
http://www.epix.net/~sr20de/pics/se/turbodata.pdf

And the plot:
http://www.epix.net/~sr20de/pics/se/turbodyno.jpg

RK