Motor Noise

Steve juketech@swbell.net
Sun, 5 May 2002 20:11:25 -0500

Well, I just went and checked the oil, it looks very clean. No grit, no
metal..However, It was about 1/2 of a quart overfilled. How I dont know,
Unless I did not get all the oil out on its last change. Also, and this
seemed to make a huge difference, I ecked the timing and it was at 23degrees
BTDC!!!! Set it back to 15, drained the excess oil and it is 100 times
better. Still not as smooth as my 94 but it is alot better, Now if I can
just get my tune up parts from Courtesy, The previous owner of my 91 took
incredible care of the car. At 100K he took it to Nissan for a complete
service. They charged him $516 and put  aftermarket pepBoyz plug wires on
it, Of course the car has a constant miss at all RPM's. Nice dealer, Powers
in Edmond did this, they charged $76 for wires and I have the recipt to
prove it. He never noticed, And they claim that those are not the wires they
put on. Please, If you are in the OKC area, Do not deal with these crooks.
They also charged him for the fuel pump 2 months after the recall went out.
Real class act...Thanks for your time listening to my rant