s3 cam timing w/ boost

cowboydren@b15sentra.net cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Fri, 3 May 2002 00:48:23 -0500

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 07:07:51PM -0500, Robert W. Rood wrote:

> RETARD the intake cam to "A"
> ADVANCE the exhaust cam to the #2 position.

According to everything I've seen, this is an excellent setup.  If you
don't have the JWT sprockets, 2 or 2.5* on each sprocket is a great
place to start.  Advancing the exhaust cam also adds the benefit of
*even*quicker* spooling, though I'm not sure exactly what retarding the
intake cam does aside from physically reducing overlap.

Turbo research has been consuming a *lot* of my spare cycles lately, and
I'm very anxious to hear what a Pulsar engine does with S3 cams.  Have
you considered fuel/air upgrade like a 300ZX MAF sensor?

--
-=|JP|=-              Need a good geek?  I'm unemployed!

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.cardomain.com/id/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net        |