replacing tie rods
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 11:35:35 -0500

Tim Rogers <> wrote:

>If I were in this position, I think that using a jam nut would be

I don't think so Tim.  (couldn't resist ;-)

Actually, the tie-rod (not to be confused with the tie-rod ends) is a shaft
with a ball on the end that fits into a socket.  The back side of the socket
has a threaded portion protruding and the back side of the socket fits flush
against the rack with the clip in between.  No place for a jam nut.  The
socket looks sort of like a cube.

George Roffe