QR25DE Spec-V development

geo3@earthlink.net geo3@earthlink.net
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 14:24:21 -0500

JFormantes@aol.com wrote:

>Are we really discarding the SR20DE...

Where did you get that idea?

>how come i don't see N/A SR20s rated at
>200 whp with simple bolt ons?

ROTFLMAO!!!

200 whp with simple bolt-ons??  I nearly spit out my lunch.  You must be
reading the Stealin catalog.

Seriously, that is pretty heady territory.  I'm sure it can be attained with
the SR20VE, but those are just becoming reasonably available and there isn't
much developed for them yet.

In any event, getting that kind of hp from a SR20DE would require a *lot* more
than simple bolt-ons.   Mike's engine is probably making around 200 bhp and it
is pretty well developed.  It would certainly be possible to make that kind of
hp with a race engine.  Don't expect it to be any fun on the street.

Lastly, all it takes is money.  How much you got? :-)

George Roffe