fuel filter

David Pertuz davidpertuz@mindspring.com
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 06:35:55 -0500

At 03:07 AM 4/26/02 -0500, you wrote:
>It's a bitch, no way around that. I just did mine a week ago, Release the
>pressure (pull fuse and let engine die) and get a screw driver and go to

If your car is old and the rubber is beginning to dry out, using a
scredriver on the hoses doesn't tend to do them any favors....I always go
about it by sliding the hose clamp all the way out of the way and then
using a pair of slip-joint pliers to break the rubber loose from the filter
nipple and then wiggle it off using a twist-back-and-forth/pull
motion...don't forget there is a flare on the end of each nipple.

david