Rusty A-pillar Questions

James McColl jmccoll@cch.ca
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 12:21:32 -0500

I didn't realize this was a problem on cars other than the NX2000.

I've replaced both of my apillars.  For the NX2000, you can buy that section
from the dealer, cut out the old metal, and weld in new ones.

Watch for bubbling under the windshield.  If you have this, it means the
corrosion has spread from the apillar inwards, and it should be fixed before
it gets much worse.  It can also pop out and crack the windshield.

Email me privately if you have any questions.  I had my entire car
refinished, repainted, all of the dents removed, and all of the exterior
trim either replaced or repainted two years ago.

James
heavily rustproofed and rust-free NX2000
Toronto