help, the dealer is trying to rape me

Stewart, Joe (COX-Atlanta) Joe.Stewart@cox.com
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 09:39:15 -0500

>hey guys, I bought a 94 G20 with 126K a few weeks ago.

More than likely you have standard oil starvation in the top end. This is
relatively easily fixed, depending upon how bad it is.

Get yourself: a new set of cams, cam oil tubes, chain tensioner, rocker arms

Swap the above parts and you should be good to go. That's the way my high
mileage, hardly oil changed car worked out. Search for "oil starvation" and
things like that in the archives, there should be good posts on the subject.
Oh, this would be a food opportunity to upgrade cams, but you can buy cams and
rockers used for cheap if needed. You only want a brand new tensioner and cam
oil tubes, though.

-Jay
93.5 G20 almost running again