help, the dealer is trying to rape me

Tom Mak tmak26b@snet.net
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 14:21:11 -0500

hey guys, I bought a 94 G20 with 126K a few weeks ago.  It had a valve
ticking noise.  I bought it because I figured it would be cheap and easy to
fix.  But guess what, I took it to the dealer today.  They told me theres a
lot of carbon build up in the valves area.  The intake and exhaust ports
are barely opening and BOTH camshafts had been damaged.  THey want over
2500 dollars to fix everything.  Of course I am not going to do that.  If
anything, I would wait for the title to come back and sell it.  But anyway,
what can i do for now/ I really want to keep this car. I dont mind spending
200-500 to fix it, but over 1000 is excessive.  Is there anything i can do
for now to make it last and make the ticking go away?  Some people say
engine flush, what do you guys think?  I have changed the oil and spark
plugs fuel filtersince I got the car.  Its getting better but its still
doing it. What else can i do ?