Please Help with tranny fluid and filler plug

John Campbell jcampbel@dfsfin.com
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 08:23:53 -0500

If I remember correctly from my industrial gearbox days, active sulfur and
chlorine are the main, extreme pressure additives that will destroy the
bronze. The company that I worked for recommended a milspec gearbox oil,
MIL-L2105-C. I used to have the milspec broken down but can't find it right
now. I do know that it's a hypoid lubricant that I vaguely remember being
mentioned on a couple of Porsche and Audi Quattro sites.
What's the relevance of all this? I don't know.

John Campbell