First Question

cowboydren@b15sentra.net cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 22:24:22 -0500

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 08:25:26PM -0500, svanhook5@comcast.net wrote:

> To all sr20 enthusiasts(who can help),

Look, everybody, it's SHANE!!!  Did you get that cooling problem sorted
out?

> If anyone has any suggestions for me please let me know.

Firstly, did you get that exhaust sorted out yet?  The Courtesy exhaust
isn't that great for turbo engines, and I thought you were still
operating on a 2.25" (or smaller?) downpipe.  JGY has some pre-bent 2.5"
downpipes that look reasonable, but aren't *exactly* optimum (no offense
Jason, I'm just saying...).  Hell, if you're getting a Big Check from
the Feds this year, I'd get 3" tubes all the way from the turbine to the
tailpipe with a matching 3" Random or Catco cat and a testpipe.

I think a Hot Shot piping upgrade all around with a better cat-back
would *definitely* get you prepared for more power.  Sell your Starquest
FMIC on eBay to recoup some of the costs for the Hot Shot upgrade.  It
has  way better intercooler than yours.  Well, it looks nicer, anyway.
;)  Did you see George Roffe's G20/DET in the December '01 SCC Hybrids
article?  He has a Hot Shot piping kit prototyped on that car, and it's
very nice looking.  I'm just going to assume you've seen Dr. Lew's 200SX
with a full Hot Shot system:

  http://www.brazosport.cc.tx.us/~lshadoff/turbo/

An electronic boost controller sounds like the most fun to me.  You can
dial in about 2-4 more PSI out of the stock T25 turbo from what I've
seen in the forums, maybe even more at low RPMs (I'm guessing).  If the
fuel system becomes a problem at mid-higher RPMs, you can use an
electronic boost controller to dial some air out as the revs rise and
keep your A:FR in a reasonable range.

If you're still capable of overrunning the stock fuel system with the
stock compressor, you could always get some 444 or bigger injectors, a
rail, a pump, and an ECU upgrade from JWT.  Something tells me that this
isn't really an issue, though.  If you're considering a turbo upgrade,
you'll have to do it one day anyway.

Other musts (in case you don't have 'em already, I can't remember):

 - An EGT Gauge/Sensor
 - A Decent Turbo Timer
 - AD22VF Brake Upgrade

> 200hp 205tq

HAH!  And those punks from KCTrendZ only got a 195/205 out of their
DET/Classic. ;)

--
-=|JP|=-              Need a good geek?  I'm unemployed!

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.cardomain.com/id/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net        |