Please Help with tranny fluid and filler plug

sean mcmahon badahab@yahoo.com
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 09:07:13 -0500

maybe I missed something.  Ive been skipping around in reading posts.  I didnt
read that motul 300 is gl5 which would be bad, espicaly over time.  Rotting out
the bits and pieces a little at a time.  Im still sticking with the whole
"people use fluids they have used before" thing.  Espicaly old hot rodders.
There is a ton of old hot rodders around me that swear by this or that.  All I
know is that amsoil works just fine for me.  If he dosent recomend it because
he likes it then why does he?

-sean

 Sean, I beg to differ!!!
 Steve makes an extremely valid point!!!
 IF Motul300 being a GL5 spec gear oil damages over time our transmissions
 then IT IS NOT BY ANY DEFINITION a "right fluid"!
 I supsect Mike K. will jump in very soon and offer his opinion but I am
 certain that he did not Suggest Motul 300 in "Kohima'a Garage" just because
 he likes it!!!