Tranny Fluid? GL-4 / GL-5 WTF!!

Probe Dude probedude@hotmail.com
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 18:15:40 -0500

GL4 does exist.  GL5 is not a substitute for GL4.
Some additives in GL5 can actually be harmful/corrosive to transmissions
with 'yellow' metals in them (brass/bronze).

Fluid that states specifically "GL4/GL5" should be okay, but I wouldn't
trust something that only says GL5.

I used to get GL4 in those translucent quart bottles made by STALUB (?) and
also in the blue tall quart bottles by Valvoline.  Be sure to buy the bottle
pump while you're there.

Dave