S3 cam install prep

Tim Rogers timrogers@charter.net
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 00:00:40 -0500

"Jason Nicholson" <jasonsnicholson@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hey guys, I was hoping that I could get a few
> pointers.  I'm awaiting a set of JWT S3 cams for my
> '99 Sentra SE-L.  Being that the cams will void the
> remaining portion of my warranty,

No, the cams will not void your warranty.  To show a breach of warranty, the
dealer would have to prove that any modification that you had done caused a
problem that would be normally covered under warranty.
Install cams and get 5th gear pop-out at 55,000 miles?  Still covered.
Install cams and have a rod bearing go bad at 57000 miles?  Still covered.
Install crappy cams which break and cause your valves and rockers to break,
thus leaving bits of your valves bouncing around in your combustion chambers
and doing irreparable damage to your pistons and head?  Not covered.
(BTW, I apologize for the previous 3 lines of pure, unadulterated automotive
destruction.)
Of course, you do not have to worry about any problems with the cams.  The JWT
cams are great and I love the set that I installed 2 weeks ago.  I think I
need a header now.....

> I would like to
> check the engine over just to make sure that it is a
> good candidate for the transplant.  My car has just
> over 48,000 miles and I drive pretty aggressive (I
> frequently accellerate hard and run out the gears to
> just over 7,000rpm).  Any suggestions?

After you install the cams and go through the break-in miles, you might want
to do an oil change.
The only warning that I have is to be careful of the larger grin on your face
as your tach passes 5000 RPM......

Tim Rogers
-'93 NX2000 T-top
-'91 NX2000 SCCA ITS racer-to-be