Update I messed up my DET

Chris Simmonds chris@1320tuning.com
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 23:58:32 -0500

JGY worte:
I really don't think you need to worry about pistons...etc.  You need to fix
your cooling problems and get an intercooler>>

For the record, I did not run the motor hard
while have overheating problems,infact I
dindn't run it much of all.

Also, I'm not sure if I made this clear but
the overheating issue was resolved long ago
with a new radiator. Never had a problem since.

The rings went bad, the compression in 2,3,4 are
125 (I was expecting more like 160) so I will
tear it down, see if I can squeeze some bigger
pistons in, maybe new rods, I am definetly going
to have my parts coated...I'm not going ultrahardcore
but I won't be going back in.

If I had a beater this would have already been
done before it was dropped in.

Chris
bbdet