Please Help with tranny fluid and filler plug

Humberto Gonzalez aztecred92@hotmail.com
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 23:19:47 -0500

>what gear oil you guys recommend for my 92 classic? I am running >redline
>and I am not satisfied with it. My switches leak real bad,I >have done All
>I can to try and seal them and somehow it just finds a >new place to leak
>from...<snip>Becuase the whoever had the car before >tightened the filler
>plug to tight and I cannot get tight out..
>jon

Jon,
I've been using Redline MTL for just over a year now and I LOVE IT! Shifting
was so much easier afterwards. I too had my tranny switches leak almost
immediately after I filled it with MTL. Initially, I also tried to seal the
switches using various methods, but ultimately the only real fix the problem
is to replace them. They are not that expensive. Be sure to replace the
neutral and reverse switches. Go to Rick Zotz's site for a detailed
explaination of what's involved (www.zotz.com). Finally, just like you, I
also had a hell of a time trying to remove the plug. Just do what I did. Go
to your local hardware shop and purchase about three feet of steel pipe
that's no more than an inch in diameter. Lift your car as high as you can.
Be sure to be safe and secure it with jack stands. Now slip the pipe over
your ratchet and pull/push it. It should come off easily. Worked for me.

Good luck,
Humberto Gonzalez
aztecred92