Advancing the timing

Eddy, Michael EddyMJ@MSX.UPMC.EDU
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 22:28:38 -0500

Mike,
  When first started, cold engines often idle a bit fast...this is by
design.  750 RPM is right on for warn idle, so you're good.  As far as your
mileage, I don't know that this is attributed to any single cause.  My '92's
mileage was never as low as that, but it did improve when I replaced my O2
sensor.  I'd check the archives for the experience of others.

Hope this helps...

Michael

>whenever i start my engine (when cold) the rpms steady at about 1100-1200;
after a while they settle down to about 7500; could this be >because the
previous owner screwed up the timing?