Update: messed up my DET

Jason Garrett Young jasongyoung@jacomanufacturing.com
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 12:37:47 -0500

> As you all know from the title: I messed up my det.
> I just did a compression check today and numbers 2,3,4
> are 125, but number 1 is 0. Yep, zero.

I'm not saying this is the best route, but......

This happened to me back in '98 because I was over boosting on back to back
runs  (reminds me of running your car hard when you have a overheating
issue...hint hint, nudge nudge).  I broke a valve.

$58 later, I was back in business.  I replaced the valve and the head gasket
(since I was in there).  The valve was $7.
I've been driving this motor ever since '98.

I really don't think you need to worry about pistons...etc.  You need to fix
your cooling problems and get an intercooler.

Good luck.