Turbo Dodges

Tim Herber camaro@gbonline.com
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 07:44:30 -0500

In defense of mopar, I own a 90 Daytona VNT.  First of all, NO they are not
the fastest cars in the world, and second they are not the most technically
advanced car on the road.  But they are cheap, Turbocharged, and the later
ones, very nice.  The problem most of these guys blow them up is because
thier owners are too cheap to modify correctly.  The most common way to add
fuel because of more boost is to add a cold start injector from a SAAB!!
(the owners list has never even heard about a S-afc or other piggyback
systems for bigger injectors).  But again in thier defense, if moddded
correctly they can be wicked.  My friend has an 88 with forged pistons, huge
front mouth, and the right fuel mods, and his goes 11's with no problems at
all.  They have thier niche in the market, and for those who doubt a turbo
dodge, i hope you never run into a spririt or daytona RT.  :)

Tim
91 Sentra Se-r (no 5th gear!)
90 Daytona VNT
87 Fiero