seans tire review

sean mcmahon badahab@yahoo.com
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 23:55:10 -0500

imho tires are the single best supension upgrade.  I had some 195/60 15's on my
97 200sx se-r.  They were cooper cobras.  Came with the car but one was
developing a bubble in the side so it was a good excuse to get rid of all 4.
So I went to peerless tire down the street and they matched tireracks price of
70 a piece for some kumho ecsta supra 712's in 205/50 15.  holly sweet mother
of god that made a huge difference in the car.  The tires are shorter so i dont
have a messed up gear ratio any more.... it accelerates quicker.  Its wider and
shorter and sticker.  The feel of the whole car is so much better now.  turns
straights curzing.  It even smoothed the car out and got rid of a steering
wheel shake.  These things stick like no street tire should and at a super
cheep price.  If any one else is looking for 205/50's I would highly recomend
these.  I dont know if those coopers were just complete crap, or if these tires
are just great.  I think its a little of both.  oh yeah, and they look neato
sketo too.

-sean