Turbo Dodges

Wayne Cox wmc20@dnaco.net
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 22:30:27 -0500

At 06:07 AM 4/17/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>I have driven Dodge.  I would love to buy my cousins
>Dodge.  Dodge is at fault for addicting me to Turbos.

A bud' of mine is into those big time.  I think he's some what well known
within the Internet community for that car, but I won't mention his name.

 From what I observed, they are Fucking Garbage.  They may have been hot
for a while in the 80s when everything was slow.  But compared to anything
newer, why bother.

His engines exploded or melted with alarming frequency.  These were a
couple Daytonas, a CSX, Charger, etc.  Always some story how the next $1000
on a boost control or ECU or "Turbo II" block were going to make everything
wright.  Hate to think what his total expenditures may have been.  Probably
a good down payment on a Viper.

When he dialed the things down to safe levels, they ran mid to high 14
second passes.  Very similar time to my smaller NA 2.0 engine.  In a
rattling, buzzing, cheap looking, POS chassis.

But YMMV.  (And some folks swear by Crack too)

  -Wayne Cox
     '92 SE-R  SERiously F**cked front end
        '91 NX2k quick beater  '93NX2k  Lisa's