DET problems

Chris Simmonds chris@1320tuning.com
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 13:04:57 -0500

I changes the plugs and plug wires on my det
and noticed that the number 1 plug had oil on
it. 2 and 3 were dark and 4 was a bit eroded.
I dropped in a set of platinum 6's as well as
new wires. The care idles better but still runs
rough and still stalls when I stop. The car runs
almost as if it has a busted mount. Some smoke
enter the driver compartment by the pedal area
but may be the old oil burning off. White smoke
out of the exhuast, clatter from the dipstick tube
when removed, stalling when the oil cap is removed
at idle, the new plug wires have the white powder on
them are some of the symptons. I'm still trying to get
my hands on a compression tester. Anyone have any ideas?

Chris
bbdet