Camshaft install question

Stewart, Joe (COX-Atlanta) Joe.Stewart@cox.com
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 08:41:53 -0500

>Ok I seen arguments about this before and would like to know if for a FACT
>that when you are doing a cam swap you do NOT have to worry about the chain
>changing positions on the crank sprocket on a FWD SR20DE?

JWT is showing some massive amounts of ignorance and stupidity here. The
method they show you for changing the cams is complete and total junk, and you
wouldn't catch me doing that half assed crap with my car or any that I work
on.

I personally have dropped the chain before (and posted about it so it is in
the archives) and I gurandamtee' ya' that I had to spend hours and hours and
hours pulling the front cover off the motor to fix it. I will never forget
that. So yes, without a doubt, it can happen, I have done it, and I have seen
it, and it will not happen to me a second time.

-Jay
93.5 G20
(slow)