Front Main crank seal SR20DE and chain

Steve juketech@swbell.net
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 23:22:00 -0500

Hey all. My slow leak has gotten pretty bad IMO. It *looks* like it is from
the front main, as the pan is wet but it is coming from around the pulley.
Anyone got any tips/advice on fixing this? I got a seal today, and the good
news is there is a sleeve kit for the crank if it is badly groved/ I hope it
is not. I saw a recent post about a shield in the valve cover that can rub the
chain. I put a new tensioner in and it fixed the start up noise, but there is
still a "jingling" sound at idle from the very top/front of the motor. Can
this shield be removed? I seem to remember a friend having this problem years
ago and he thought that the shield  needed to be there for oiling reasons,
Whats your idea? Well, Once again thanks for your time.

Steve
94 SE-R.....Working out the bugs