HotShot Questions

William Conner Billc@fred.net
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 06:43:01 -0500

Brax Sisco asked

     >I have just received my HotShot header.......I am wondering
     where >to use / not use the copper gasket goo.

Use a NEW nissan gasket for the head to primary connection.  You might
use the goo for the primary to secondary connection, but I think most
folks are having good results with the new copper gasket if they torque
it properly on installation -- and then re-tighten it after a few days
of driving.  I recently used the 300 ZX gasket and have had no leaks.

The Nissan gasket to the cat should work fine, although they do look
trouble prone.  I have had one go bad and experienced a whistling at
high RPM.  I replaced it with a composition generic gasket and had no
further problems.

Good luck and don't break any studs!

Bill Conner
--