Transmission Fluid Question

Jon Davis jfdavis@epix.net
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 20:26:49 -0500

Stefan Bauroth wrote:

> Is Red Line MT90 the way to go
> Also how much do I need to buy?
> And where can I get it for cheap?

I have used redline... I will never use it again. In addition to my switches
leaking within a month of putting that stuff in, those nice shifts I got at
first were gone within 6 months and the thing was shifting worse than ever.
My transmission has never shifted the same since. The best stuff I've found
to date is Mobiltrans SHC 50. I have been using it all winter. The problem
is you can only get it in 5 gallon buckets (or bigger). It costs around $100
a bucket which ends up being dirt cheap for synthetic tranny oil if you have
4 friends who want to change theirs too.

You will need almost 4 quarts.

You can call Mobil to get a nearby distributor: 1-800-662-4525

Jon Davis