rocker arm bracket

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 17:35:30 -0500

Greg wrote:

>I have set the aftermarket management, and tuned it so far to 8000rpm.  It
>seems fine, so far (touch wood).  In your opinion george, would the bracket
>help, along with some stiffer springs?

It would probably still be dangerous.  Stiffer springs might help the rpm
limit, but you will lose a little power on the way up.  The JWT springs
will help some.  I would guess the rocker retainers would be helpful for
keeping the rockers on during an over-rev on downshift, but I wouldn't use
them to raise the rev limit.

If you really think you *must* raise the rev limit, you will want the Tomei
mechanical lash adjuster kit.  That would probably be more effective.

Now, I have run into several folks who are intent on raising their rev
limit, but unless you have a full race engine that idles at 3k and doesn't
make power until about 6k, it probably won't matter since the power will
start dropping off before 8k anyway.  So far I've only seen one NA dyno
chart that made power all the way to fuel cut.

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20  (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>