rocker arm bracket

Greg gklofa@vtown.com.au
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 05:56:03 -0500

Hi list,
was wondering if anyone has used the tomei rocker arm bracket.  This bracket
bolts under the cam towers and has legs that sit above the rocker to prevent
it coming out at high rpm.  As you all probably know, the sr is not the best
engine for high rpm, without major work.  This may be a solution for
slightly higher rpm (around the 8-8500rpm mark).  Any comments, or other
ideas are appreciated.  At the least, it would offer some peace of mind,
yes?  I have currently been revving my motor to 8000rpm, with so far no
problems, but am hesitant to go further.  What rev limits have the rest of
you set?

the link for the part I am talking about is below:-
http://www.tomei-p.co.jp/webcatalog/cylinder5.html

thanks Greg