HotShot Questions

P@ bossman@customsteel.com
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 00:19:16 -0500

Brax you wrote:
>   Second, on installation, I am wondering where to use / not use the
> copper gasket goo.  I believe the head/manifold should be gasket only
> (Nissan Part # 14036-53J00) and the copper HotShot gasket SHOULD use the
> goo.  On the secondary/cat, I have the Nissan gasket (# 20692-65J00).
> This is a strange gasket, looks like four pieces of metal stuck
> together, and honestly, it looks leak-prone to me.  Do I use the goo on
> this one or not?  I notice that the header install notes on se-r.net do
> not mention the copper goo at all...

I didnt use any "goo" on the gaskets in question....although I do have a
small hole in one of the welds that is leaking, and Im in the process of
getting it replaced.  So I cant detect any other leaks...Others will have
more info Im sure..and that funny looking 4 piece gasket is the correct one
for the cat.

P@
www.customsteel.com
99" G20(t) with some mods...